Studio Bella Explorers
Explorers is our 5 day a week aftercare program at Hexter and Sanger Elementary Schools. One registration is required PER CHILD. Our Explorers program is an interactive, activity-based after-school option for families in our community.
Explorers 2020 – 2021
SAVE THE DATE: We are excited to announce registration for the 2020-2021 school year will open for current Explorer families on April 15, 2020. Registration for new families will open May 1, 2020. We are anticipating an increase in registration. To ensure a spot for your child, it is recommended you register on or close to to to the opening date due to limited spots.
Need to drop-in care for the 2019-2020 school year? We have got you covered!
In addition to our daily program, we also offer drop in care on Sign up Genius for one day of care from 3:00-5:55 pm at the rate of $25.
Explorers 2019 – 2020
WELCOME TO EXPLORERS!
One registration is required PER CHILD. Our Explorers program is an interactive, activity-based after-school option for families in our community. STEAM is our focus and fearless creativity and fun are our passions. Registration is limited by age and space available at each school.
It is recommended:
• to use a desktop computer for registration.
• to set up an account in your registration process
To register, click the school of your choosing.The fine details about our program are below. Feel free to contact us with any questions. We are happy to answer them!
Welcome to Studio Bella Explorers! Explorers is housed under the Studio Bella for Kids program. Established here in East Dallas in 2008, Studio Bella for Kids began with a mom of two boys who wanted to pair fun and learning together to begin a great summer program. Fast forward to 2018 and you will find that Studio Bella is immersed and vested in East Dallas and Dallas Children alike year round.
Welcome to Studio Bella Explorers 2019-2020 School year! Explorers is an after school program that runs from 3:00- 6:00 pm daily at DISD public schools. Our 2018-2019 Explorers program prides itself on conceptual ideas and creative problem solving for the kids to engage in and have fun with. Add our social emotional learning and physical activity to make a well-rounded program for all! Please see all of our details below:
Our program runs daily from 3:00-6:00 pm every full school day. Here are some important details to share in what we offer:
– Creative STEAM programming on Tuesdays and Thursdays with a Studio Bella Director(s) onsite.
– Tuesday programming is project based and Thursday programming is process based.
– Mondays are sports and team building.
– Wacky Wednesdays help keep kids engaged with fresh ideas every week. Some schools may have clubs.
– Fridays include Lego build days, theme and holiday activities for the kids to enjoy.
– 1:20 ratio staff daily. Children are grouped by grades.
– 1:10- 1:15 ratio on Tuesdays and Thursdays for STEAM programming which includes Studio Bella staff.
– Quality STEAM projects to take home 2-4 times a month to continue learning.
– Homework time provided with guidance as needed.
– Outside child-guided playtime with staff there to monitor & help children work through challenges.
Tentative Daily Schedule:
3:00-3:30 Settling and Snacks
5:15-6:00 Child Guided Playtime
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
- #1 Rated afterschool provider through the DISD rigorous proposal process.
- Based on the DISD calendar, Explorers hours are 3:00- 6:00 every full school day for prek-5th grade.
- Weekly emails prior to the upcoming week with details about the upcoming fun.
- Group sports on Mondays, games/art on Wednesdays and Fridays are either Lego, Perler Bead, Mystery Box or Philanthropy Friday 1:20 ratio MWF.
- STEAM projects on Tuesdays, STEAM processes and collaborations on Thursday 1:10- 1:15 ratio on T Th.
- Monday (intro) and Thursday (wrap up) camp meetings (We like to call them camp meetings to keep them light & fun). Meetings help kids know the expectations and details for the week.
- Quality STEAM projects to take home to share the fun and learning. Optional art club, etc.
- Homework, reading and/or journaling time is part of our daily schedule Monday-Thursday. Journals are provided for writing or drawing by Studio Bella.
- Outside child-guided playtime with staff there to monitor & help children work through challenges.
- Easy online registration at Studiobellaforkids.com. Registration opens on May 15!
REGISTRATION AND COST:
- $125 non-refundable child registration fee.
- The cost is $60 a week ($4 per hour) which comes to $216 per month for ten months. Tuition for up to 2 days a week is $108 a month for 10 months. If you enrolled after August 19, your rate will be prorated and averaged, so your rate will be slightly different to cover the averaged cost. The first tuition payment is due August 1. Auto draft is suggested and preferred.
- Explorers t-shirt included for those that register before September 1.
- Option for one day care at the rate of $25 per day with 24 hour advance if space is available (10 spots available per day) on signup genius. Important information will be required prior to sign up. See below for directions.
Studio Bella Behavior Guidelines
Attending the Studio Bella Explorers Program is a privilege, not a right. Students are expected to behave in a way that ensures a safely run the program for all to enjoy. As an after school programming partner to Hexter Elementary, we fully support and abide by its rules, policies and procedures. Therefore, all students are expected to follow all rules and discipline policies of the regular school day. Incident reports will indicate any problems that need to be addressed, and must be signed upon pickup. Explorer participants who consistently disregard school rules and policies will be dismissed. Reasons for Incident Reports and/or dismissal will include, but are not be limited to: injury to others, failure to follow directions and safety rules, inappropriate language, disrespectful behavior towards staff and/or others, or any violence. Should it be determined that a student’s behavior proves harmful to him/herself or others, immediate dismissal from the program will result.
Rules and regulations outlined in the DISD handbook will be applied to Explorers and all students enrolled in the program are expected to follow them. Failing to follow school rules may result in verbal warning, written incident report, parent conferences, suspension and expulsion from our Explorer’s Program.
Aftercare Cancellation and Refund Policy
A 30 day written notice is required to fully cancel your monthly aftercare contract. A $25 service fee will apply. Refunds are forfeited if children are no longer able to participate due to behavioral problems, suspension or expulsion. Cancellation due to long periods of illness, extreme family circumstances will be reviewed and refunds may be granted upon our discretion on a case by case basis.
Program Handbook – Updated for 2019 – 2020
Studio Bella’s Explorers Program conforms to the State of Texas’ standards for childcare programs. A program overview is available for each school we support.
Here is the Homework Policy the camp staff at Studio Bella For Kids uses to help students complete their school work during Explorers.
Late Pick Up Policy
Help us protect your students by picking them up at Explorers on time.
Student Behavior Policy
What Studio Bella For Kids expects from students in our Explorers Program.
The Cancellation Policy for students participating in the Explorers Program.
Injury/Incident Policy and Report
The Injury Policy for students participating in the Explorers Program.
Requirements to attend the program
The Cancellation Policy for students participating in the Explorers Program.
Invoicing and Program Cost Overview
The Invoicing and Program cost policy.
Inclement Weather and School Cancellation
The policy regarding our program during inclement weather and school cancellations.